Sunday, February 22, 2015

God's Love

God discovered by St Augustine

God's Love

We receive our body from our physical parents and live our lives in their love. Hence, we are always ready to honor the love of our physical parents. This is because we experience our parents' love through our physical senses.

On the other hand, since in general we cannot sense God's love through our physical senses, we live our lives with little concern about God's love. In fact, however, God's love plays a far greater role in our whole life than does the love of our physical parents. Nevertheless, most of us fail to detect God's love.

In my life on earth, although I realized God's love to some extent, I fell short of understanding that God is giving us a love far deeper and wider than we imagine. Even after I shed my body and came here, I failed to realize this, despite experiencing God's love so many times; hence, my repentance over a long period. I cannot describe my heart at that time in words.

I think it is only out of ignorance of God that people serve Him, pray to Him, and make pleas to Him, for God knows in advance what we need and has already prepared what we pray for, just as a mother knows and prepares what her baby needs even before the baby cries for it. After I came here and heard God's voice, many times I felt my shortcomings and wrongs beyond my comprehension and thus made continuous prayers of repentance.

Every time I did this, God called me, "Augustine," and then said nothing further. And when I kneeled and bowed down, He would call "Augustine" a few times and then just leave. When I became speechless and just prostrated myself and shed tears of repentance, God called me and said to me, "Your tears hurt My heart," and then left again. After this, I resolved never to cry before God, in order not to agonize His heart. This is not everything about my experience of God; I have experienced Him in many different dimensions.

One day, in order to introduce God, I zealously explained to someone the image of God I had directly experienced, telling him that he could also meet God directly. After a few days, however; God called me and said, "God cannot directly meet that person. So instead of God, you go and testify to him about God. He still has a distance to cross before meeting God. Just as I love you, so guide him in love. But do not tell him that God cannot meet him directly." Through the long ages, although God has wanted to live together with people, the providence of restoration has been prolonged over and over again because people have continued to fall short of the standard.

My heart aches whenever I think about this. I can confidently introduce God to anyone, and will continuously strive to help all people to establish their own heartistic standard whereby they can meet God directly. I will earnestly pray to quicken the day when all humanity, as well as I, can cultivate the fields of the heart and correctly establish our attitude of faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Young Soon Kim the reporter's preface

Preface from Young Soon Kim, the reporter My mother was a Presbyterian, She started going to church with her mother, and lived her whole l...

Popular Posts