Sunday, February 22, 2015

Where God Stays

God discovered by St Augustine

Where God Stays

God, who is omnipresent and omnipotent, cannot be judged by ordinary human thinking. God wants to be always present in our hearts and stay with us in all areas of our life. But God's desire to do so failed to materialize because we have failed to be one with Him. Although God has always come to us with a parental heart, we have failed to serve Him, and although He has always stayed beside us, protecting and loving us, we have failed to sense and realize it. Although God has been embracing, caressing, and caring for US from time immemorial, we have been living on without being able to experience Him. This is the root of God's sorrow and of all human tragedy.

While living on earth, I experienced God's love to some extent, and yet this was based on my physical senses, and thus utterly incomparable with the love of God I have experienced here in the spiritual world.

One day, while praying to God, Augustine, a human being, was wishing, "If only I could always be with God," when God's voice sounded with gentle light, saying "Listen, Augustine. I have always been with you and will always be with you, too. You, however, are looking for Me, although you are always beside Me. This is because you and I have not always been one."

I asked Him, "How can I be one with You?" but without answering, God embraced me for a while with a charming light and went away somewhere. I prayed and waited for a considerable time in order to attain God's answer. One day, the brilliant light appeared again in a flash, and God said, "You are still you. How much have you tried to become He?" I replied, "God, I have made no small efforts to achieve it, but I can not easily feel what it means to become like You." God then answered, "Augustine, abandon yourself, and empty your heart. Cultivate the field of your heart so that God can dwell in it anytime."

God wants to dwell in the heart of every one of us and live with us, and yet since Augustine's heart of prayer, heart of thinking, and heart of remembering others were all filled with self-centered desire - selfishness - God could not find His house in him. Here in the spiritual world, I have experienced this so much, down to the bone. But this filth is still lurking in the heart of Augustine. We can meet God only after removing all selfish desires from our hearts. I am making continuous efforts for that day. For that day.

April 28, 2000


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Young Soon Kim the reporter's preface

Preface from Young Soon Kim, the reporter My mother was a Presbyterian, She started going to church with her mother, and lived her whole l...

Popular Posts